Monday 17 January 2011

Whoops!

I did say I would continue Mondays shenanigans and now it a week later!! Oh well, here goes, fingers crossed I get it right.

We moved on to jumps, you know, that really scary prospect of having all 8 wheels off the ground, at the same time, clearing a minimum 6" height and landing back on said 8 wheels without breaking your ass! Well it was time to start putting that into practice, now since most of my group had passed their min skills (with the exception of the written test) I decided to put my legs on the line and have them jump me! Well at the end of the day the whole point of being able to jump is so if a skater goes down in front of you, and you don't have the space/time to weave/dodge/stop you have the option of leaping over them, hopefully landing it, and skating off with the roar of the crowd behind you. Well that's the theory anyway.

So for the more nervous less experienced girls I started with just one leg, then by the end of the 10 minuets everyone was jumping clean over both of my legs, even if Cat did land on her ass more that her feet. NiKilla actually jumped my torso, and I hers.

I think that's about all that happened.

We then had a few 2 minuet games of 'Queen Of The Rink' before the cool down skate, do you know it? Its awesome fun, just like a scrimmage except its a free for all, no Jammer, just a case of get the bitches down, last girl standing wins! except the first round everyone skated so fast to avoid being hit we where knackered, we need to work on that. Being hit is fine, bruises heal, Victory lasts forever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment