Wednesday 9 February 2011

I Can Haz Cheezeburger?

Answer to the above, NOPE! RDWC will not allow it, and my newly discovered intolerance to wheat wouldn't like it too. It's quite amazing how I have spent the last 20 something years of my life eating bread and other such things with flour and wheat in them, and just figured that my stomach was always dodgy, well coz it always has been. How much was I wrong, and how much am I loving my newly found vitality!!

So Monday, Coleg Glan Hafren. Oh what a night!! after the normal warm-ups and stretches we started working on our crossover techniques, I found this quite strange to start with, am used to doing them a certain way, and trying to adjust my skating style was initially difficult. However once I had got my brain and feet communicating I started liking the new style, I was actually gaining speed with each 'push' without using much effort.

I had visited the Chiropractor earlier in the day for my initial assessment and a few x-rays, and during the tests he commented how my left leg is weaker than my right. Now this was news to me, I thought they where pretty much the same, well appart from the fact that it's my left calf that I injured a fortnight ago. However during training I actually understood what he meant. Whilst trying to maintain the perfect stance and complete the perfect crossover my left leg announced to me it was far from perfect. I had too keep standing up to ease the pain. So this month will be spent focusing on building alot more strength in my left leg as well as general stamina.

Am starting to get really excited about the CRoC Launch on Saturday, I have finally made a start on my gown. We are holding a Masquerade. It's free to get in, so why not come down? We'll be in the Gower Pub, Gwynneth Street, Cathays, Cardiff from 7pm.


Stay Skating, Derby Love

Rhayfen
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment