Wednesday 19 January 2011

An Apology.......

It has been brought to my attention that some of my comments on the Tiger Bay Brawlers debut bout, where not taken in the same way I had ment them to be read.

Now those that know me personally, know am a sarcastic cow. I also have a strange habit of talking in a child-like voice at times when am not actually being serious. When I write my Blogs, I write them as though I am talking to you. Am not a professional writer. I just type what I am saying to myself in my head (sometimes aloud).

As such, a few of the views I wrote, in an honest and open way (at least I thought they were) have been seen by some people as an attack or me being nasty. I really didn't mean it that way at all. I have rewritten a few statements and tried to readdress my views in a way that reads better. However I still stick by my opinions, as I believe I should, just as those who disagreed with me are entitled to their opinions.

I did not mean to trash-talk the new Ref's or Roller Girls at all, after all I am training to play this game too, so I am well aware of how difficult, time-consuming, complex and yet how fun it is. As for my comments about BB playing. I would like to make it clear, I wasn't saying she shouldn't have played, and I have now been told that she played only 10 Jams, which actually is nothing. I just said that at the time I felt it was maybe a little bit of an unfair advantage, but I also stated that if I had the advantage on my own team, I would have played it too. I also stated why shouldn't she play, she is part of the team too.

So in short, I am an opinionated bitch, and I use my blog to write things as I see them. Sometimes what I say is incorrect, sometimes I don't reread it properly before posting. Sometimes I do and think its okay to post (like now) But one thing I do not make a point of, is being nasty for the sake of it. Or even having myself come across as nasty, when that has never been my intention. And that is why I sincerely apologise to anyone whom my have found offence by my comments (and also the fact I got the final score wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment